Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Underground Renaissance

Last night, I did something I've been meaning to do since the mid 90s... I finally set up a gopher site.  (You'll need the Overbite plug-in for Firefox in order to view it if you're not Unix savvy.)

I'm nothing if not efficient!

It took me the better part of the evening to learn the basic syntax (now there's a word I haven't heard in ages!) in building a gophermap, but I got the hang of it after about an hour.  I honestly enjoyed setting the site up, and found it a great deal easier than HTML.

Dirt simple, if you ask me.

I also started a phlog (which is short for GoPHer Log, as blog is short for Web Log), which will serve to compliment this blog as far as detailing my various projects, etc.  Any spillover (or graphics-heavy content) will end up on my project webpage.